Emmanuel held it's first church service on July 13, 1958 at the home-school at 5435 Man-
gold Drive in Huber Heights, Ohio. Forty-two people were present for Sunday School and forty-
nine people were present for worship service. Rev. Kenneth Hartman, the first pastor of Em-
manuel Church of the Brethren, officiated. In February 1959, Emmanuel's church sevices
moved to then - new KittyHawk Elementary Shcool. Services were held there while the pre-
sent church building was being built. the new building held its first service July 31, 1960, and
was dedicated on Oct. 30, 1960. This was the beginning of Emmanuel in the new building.
Choirs were started during this time with Charlotte Musselman Paugh directing the Junior
Choir, while Mrs. Virgina Crim directing the Adult Choir
Emmanuel Church members were very active in the community. They had a Man's Fel-
lowship and Service Group and a Women's fellowship group. Emmanuel Church also held a
Well Child Clinic and has been supportive of the Fish organization for over thirty years. One
time the Junoir High group rocked 14 hours for Charity.
When the church needed more room, they added the Annex, or known as Genesis
Hall. It was deicated on May 17th, 1970.
Genesis Hall was rebuilt with volunterr help in 1989, then again in 2002 by the Chapter 97
Vietnam Veterans, who call it home now.